Thinking About Volunteering?
Why be a Volunteer?
- Make important networking contacts
- Learn or develop skills
- Teach skills to others
- Enhance your résumé
- Gain work experience
- Build self-esteem and self-confidence
- Improve your health
- Meet new people
- Feel needed and valued
- Express gratitude for help you may have received in the past from an organization
- Communicate to others that you are ambitious, enthusiastic and care about the community
- Make a difference in someone’s life
- Improves the likelihood that children will volunteer as an adult
Where to Start
- Decide which type of volunteering is right for you
- Understand the expectations of the organization
- Identify what you want out of your volunteer experience
Then Call 810-667-2912 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to find oportunities here in Lapeer County
There are a variety of agencies that would appreciate your time and skills. Programs that help our community include activities from domestic violence help, animal service opportunities and transportation volunteer opportunities.
Thank you for taking the time to Live United.
Have Fun and Remember Volunteering can be:
- In a group, as an individual or as a family
- One hour or a lifetime
- Working with children, adults, animals, numbers or to improve our community
- Working outside or inside