The Varsity Letter/Scholarship Application is now closed for the 2020-21 schoolyear. The 2021-22 application will be released in May 2022. Requirements for the application are listed below, but 2021-22 requirements may be subject to change due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
Varsity Letter in Community Service 2020-21 School Year
United Way of Lapeer County partners with Lapeer Community High School to recognize high school students who have made an exceptional commitment to community service (90 volunteer hours).
DEADLINE TO APPLY IS MAY 21ST, 2021
BENEFITS OF VARSITY LETTER IN COMMUNITY SERVICE (VLCS)
Set and achieve a challenging goal for volunteering! You can list your VLCS as a unique and outstanding achievement in your college, scholarship, and job applications. Unlike national awards for volunteering, your VLCS is connected to your high school, just like a varsity letter for athletics, academics or music.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a student in grades 9-12 at Lapeer Community Schools.
- Complete a minimum of 90 volunteer hours between JUNE 1ST, 2020 - MAY 21ST, 2021.
- Track hours and provide verification information
- Meet the minimum 2.0 GPA requirement.
- Signed Academic Eligibility form (included).
- Innerview Service log must be printed and attached to application
- Make yourself a copy of your entire application for your future reference.
- Your application must be RECEIVED by May 21, 2021.
What to expect after you apply:
You will be notified of your status no later than June 18, 2021, and Varsity Letter will be delivered no later than June 30, 2021
All Senior Applications will be entered and could win a Scholarship for $1,000.
United Way of Lapeer County
3333 John Conley Dr. STE 102
Lapeer, MI. 48446
Or email email@example.com
DOWNLOAD APPLICATION: https://drive.google.com/file/d/14Hm8EDMZYGt8XhKzi3b3t7TAHgJ12AeO/view?…