Varsity Letter in Community Service 2019-20 School Year
United Way of Lapeer County partners with Lapeer Community High School to recognize high school students who have made an exceptional commitment to community service (145 volunteer hours).
BENEFITS OF VARSITY LETTER IN COMMUNITY SERVICE (VLCS)
Set and achieve a challenging goal for volunteering! You can list your VLCS as a unique and outstanding achievement in your college, scholarship, and job applications. Unlike national awards for volunteering, your VLCS is connected to your high school, just like a varsity letter for athletics, academics or music.
REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Be a student in grades 9-12 at Lapeer Community Schools.
- Complete a minimum of 145 volunteer hours between January 1, 2019- May 1, 2020.
- Track hours and provide verification information on
- Meet the minimum 2.0 GPA requirement.
- Signed Academic Eligibility form (included).
- Forms must be legible and written in pen or typed.
- Make yourself a copy of your entire application for your future reference.
- Your application must be RECEIVED by May 1, 2020.
What to expect after you apply:
- Varsity Letters will be awarded at your school’s award ceremony.
- All Senior Applications will be entered and could win a Scholarship for $1,000.
United Way of Lapeer County
3333 John Conley Dr. STE 102
Lapeer, MI. 48446
Or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Or download the application and upload below